InterFineArt

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011 Haitian Art Home Sale

When: Saturday, December 3rd Sunday, December 4th

Saturday, December 10th Sunday, December 11th
Where: Plantation, Florida
How: Call Candice at (954) 792-9887
For the last 21 years, I have opened my Plantation, Florida home to sell wonderful Haitian art in all media -- paintings, wood sculptures, metal sculptures (painted and unpainted) and sacred textiles in the form of Vodou flags. This year's show scheduled for Saturday and Sunday afternoons features exquisite new Vodou flags by Jean Baptiste Jean Joseph, a master of the sequin art medium. Using the small form, he creates little masterpieces, embellishing the cloth with cats, free-form designs and Vodou symbols. Look for paintings by Andre Pierre, Saint Soleil geniuses Levoy Exil and Prospere Pierre Louis, and affordable gifts like hand-painted metal suns.
Every year I change the format and emphasis of what I lay out and put on the walls. It's always fun to meet with collectors and old friends to discuss Haiti and the peerless art produced by its residents, past and present. If you want to come to the show or make an appointment in my home for later, please telephone me at 954-792-9887. I look forward to hearing from you.
-Candice Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment